While smaller than previous increases, it's still an absolutely stunning amount to spend on health "insurance" especially when combined with increasing deductibles and out-of-pocket maximums.
What could the average American family do with another $18,000 per year? As we noted in Waiting for a Raise, pretty much all wage increases over the past twenty years have gone straight into increasing healthcare costs.
The good news is that there is a solution.
Consider the experience of a North Carolina hosiery mill who embarked on their first Journey 2 Health just ten months ago. Here's what happened:
- At baseline, 11% of their J2H participants had a blood pressure below 130/85. After ten months, that has improved to 67%.
- The percent of participants with a waist circumference < 40" (Male) or 35" (Female) at baseline was also 11%. That number is now 22%.
- Average BP went from 136/91 to 127/80.
- Average waist circumference went from 44.7" to 41.8"
- Percentage of people reporting Moderate to Severe inflammatory symptoms has decreased from 45% at baseline to 6% currently.
It's not a quick fix. But another year from now you'll wish you had started today.
Interested in the Journey 2 Health for your company? Contact us. Interested in your own personal Journey 2 Health? Get started today.